Nagoya City University has established international exchange agreements with six universities. NCU originated as a combination of the Nagoya School of Pharmacy (Nagoya Yaku Gakko), founded in 1884, and the Nagoya City Women's Medical College, founded in 1943. After undergoing various changes, these colleges were eventually combined in 1950 to form Nagoya City University, featuring medicine and pharmaceutical sciences. Subsequently, with the College of General Education added in 1955 and the Faculty of Economics in 1964, Nagoya City University has expanded into a comprehensive university composed of the Medical School, the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Faculty of Economics, and the College of General Education. As for graduate schools, the university opened a doctoral course for the Division of Medicine in 1961, the Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences in 1966, and the Division of Economics in 1970, thus providing a fullyfledged graduate education program. NCU1In order to respond to complicated and developed social needs, NCU reorganized the College of General Education and integrated with Nagoya Municipal Women's College and Nagoya City College of Child Education to form the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, the School of Design and Architecture and the Institute of Natural Sciences in 1996. Following that, in April 1999, NCU combined the School of Nursing, which was formed on the basis of the Nagoya City University College of Nursing, as one of the schools of NCU. In April 2000, the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Graduate School of Design and Architecture and the Graduate School of Natural Sciences were added along with the Graduate School of Nursing in April 2003, in order to provide more specialized and technical courses. Therefore NCU has developed into a more comprehensive university consisting of the Medical School, the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Faculty of Economics, the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, the School of Design and Architecture, the School of Nursing, and the Institute of Natural Sciences.